Rasmodius is a Wizard who resides in the Wizard's Tower in the south west part of Stardew Valley. After visiting the Craft Room's scroll, he will send a letter the next day addressing the 'rat problem' and tell you to come to his tower, when you reach there he proclaim his titles and make you drink some sort of drink to be 'one with nature' discuss about the Juminos that are trying to help rebuild the Community Center with the resource that the player contribute towards to. Also gives quests to kill 4-8 slimes.
Does not leave his tower, except for the festivals, when he likes to spy from afar.
He said one of the people in town is his daughter but the details of who this is, is still unclear.
- He mentions he was married to a witch who, after they broke up, went across the land cursing things in anger. Sometimes during the night, the witch will curse your coop, changing one of your chicken's eggs to a void egg.
- Caroline says she used to visit the wizard but not to tell her husband or he will be jealous, so it is possible that Abigail could be his daughter. Or Caroline could be the Wizard's daughter, as his age is ambiguous. (Caroline refers to Abigail's original hair color as chestnut brown. So she could easily be Pierre's. Although Pierre is worried that he isn't Abigail's biological father. However, Abigail says she never has to dye her hair purple. It's stayed that color for as long as she remembers.)
- Speculation his daughter could be the late Mona (see gravestone). Abigail being a noted character to spend various amounts of time at her grave.
- Additional speculation that his daughter is Jas, who shares the same hair color.
"Ahh, this is imbued with potent arcane energies. It's very useful for my studies. Thank you!"
"Many thanks. This item has some very interesting properties."
Amethyst, Apple, Apricot, Beer, Blackberry Cobbler, Blue Jazz, Bok Choy, Cauliflower, Cherry, Cheese, Chocolate Cake, Cloth, Coffee, Cookie, Corn, Cranberry Sauce, Crocus, Diamond, Duck Mayonnaise, Earth Crystal, Eggplant, Emerald, Fiddlehead Fern, Frozen Tear, Ice Cream, Jade, Jelly (Blackberry, Salmonberry), Maple Syrup, Mayonnaise, Nekoite, Pale Ale, Pickled (Tomato, Eggplant), Pizza, Potato, Parsnip, Quartz, Cactus Fruit, Coconut, Coral, Cranberry, Duck Feather, Hops, Hot Pepper, Melon, Spice Berry, Strawberry, Sweet Pea
"This?... I suppose I'll cast it into the flames and see what happens."
All Eggs (Except Void), All Milk, Bone Flute, Clay, Cockle, Crayfish, Daffodil, Dandelion, Dried Starfish, Dwarf Scroll, Dwarvish Helm, Herring, Holly, Joja Cola, Nautilus Shell, Sap, Skeletal Hand, Slime, Spring Onion, Stone, Strange Bun, Void Egg
"Ugh, these are utterly mundane. Please refrain from bothering me with this in the future."
Bat Wing, Carp, Chanterelle, Chub, Copper Bar, Green Algae, Morel, Oak Resin, Omni Geode, Pine Tar, Poppy, Pufferfish, Red Mushroom, Refined Quartz, Salmonberry, Sea Urchin, Snow Yam, Wild Horseradish, Wild Plum
"I have seen many things about your future, Name Here."
"If I were to tell you, it could have dire consequences."
"I sometimes observe the local villagers in secret."
"I am hoping to find an apprentice. Some day I will leave this mortal plane, but my arcane pursuits must continue."
- "The merpeople are curious about your festivities. They become upset when you litter into the ocean."
Dance of the Moonlight Jellies
- "How did you find me back here? I thought I was well-hidden.Perhaps you are blessed with the gift of clairvoyance."
- I'm here to observe the Lunaloos...or Moonlight Jellies as you call them. They possess an unusually potent magical aura for an aquatic lifeform.
Stardew Valley Fair
- Welwick and I have known each other for a long time... she is a remarkable diviner, and a good friend.
- That clown.. I know him from somewhere.
- Was it the school of illusion? Or maybe the Carnival of Secrets? Hmm...
Once you become friends with him you can access the room in the back. It has The Shrine Of Illusions.
You make an offering of 500g to change your appearance at this shrine.
2 Hearts: Head down to the sewer and you will see the Dwarf and Krobus fight about their history. You and the Wizard break it up and the two agree to not fight anymore. [Triggered this cutscene at 3 hearts, which is why I'm adding it here]
4 Hearts: Head down to the sewer and you will see the Dwarf and Krobus fight about their history. You and the Wizard break it up and the two agree to not fight anymore.
Cutscene video: https://youtu.be/fXrJ67IlnsY
8 Hearts: Once you have an eight heart relationship, head up to where the train passes through Stardew Valley. He'll be waiting for you to ask you to go and retrieve his Magic Ink from his Ex-wife. He then leads you on a quest to go talk to Krobus to get something to open the way to the Witches Hut. All of this might happen before 8 hearts but that's the only time this cut scene worked for me. (This may occur after restoring the community center or completing the joja mart)
10 Hearts (Maximum): Unknown
Slay Monsters (2 Days)
Reward: 260 gold
[Explanation paragraph here]
This quest can be started from the bulletin board outside of Pierre's. The Wizard will say that the "elemental balance" is out of alignment and is interfering with his magic. He will give you 260 gold in exchange for killing between 5 and 10 slime in the Mines.
XXX Essence [Unlimited Time]
Reward: 1000 gold
[Explanation paragraph here]
This quest is started randomly upon receiving a letter and accepting the quest. The Wizard will say that he is doing magical research, and tasks you with retrieving either a solar essence or a void essence from the mines.
Master Staff [Iridium Ingot]
Reward: [5000 gold]
2nd year in, the wizard will request an iridium ingot for crafting a master staff
|Bachelors||Alex • Elliott • Harvey • Sam •Shane • Sebastian|
|Bachelorettes||Abigail • Emily • Haley • Leah • Maru • Penny|
|Other||Bouncer • Caroline • Clint • Demetrius • Dwarf • Evelyn • George • Gil • Governor|
|Gunther • Gus • Jas • Jodi • Kent • Krobus • Lewis • Linus • Marlon • Marnie|
|Morris • Mr. Qi • Pam • Pierre • Rasmodius • Robin • Sandy • Vincent • Willy|